- Let us know a little about yourself and how we can connect with you via website, blog, books, and social media sites.
I am a Primary School teacher and also recently, a new blogger! Sharing all sorts from lifestyle, to baking, to beauty.
You can find my website at www.elizakate.com
My Instagram page is instagram.com/elizakate
My twitter handle is @elizakatewrites
I’m looking forward to connecting with other bloggers and writers to help our sites to grow!
- What is the name of your blog or book and how did you get started?
My blog is called Eliza Kate Writes. I decided to start blogging as a hobby late in 2019, as I love writing about lots of different things. I then got busy with my work and so blogging took a back seat. However whilst working from home during the current lock down, I really got back into blogging and am more passionate about it than ever!
- What is your favorite food?
I love so many foods… if I had to have one meal though it would be my Mum’s roast beef. With loads of Yorkshire puddings. And gravy…and crispy roast potatoes.
- What foods do you crave all the time?
I go through phases of foods that I crave – sometimes it’s healthy, like pineapple, other times I’m just like ‘give me all the crisps!’
- What is your favorite comfort food?
My favorite comfort food has to be a fresh loaf of bread, with a great crust and fluffy on the inside, with a generous helping of butter on top.
- If you could learn how to make any food what would it be?
I would love to be able to make a baked Alaska!!
- What is your favorite thing about being a blogger, writer, or author?
I love being able to write about literally anything that I want to, and that what I write can resonate with other people – I think that’s so amazing! I also love how helpful and supportive the blogging community is, particularly on Twitter.
- What advice do you have for new writers just starting out?
As a new blogger, I would definitely say have fun and be yourself. Create your blog for you and let your personality shine through. Don’t worry about things like making money or self-hosting straight away, just concentrate on the writing. Also, don’t compare your successes to other people’s – just do you very best and above all, enjoy the journey!
- What do you like to do for fun?
I love walking. I go out most days where I live. I’m really lucky I live in lovely rural countryside so there’s plenty of beautiful routes for me to take. I also love to bake, see friends, take photographs and chill with my cats and husband.
- What helps you to stay motivated and keep writing?
There are so many subjects that motivate me to write, and as soon as inspiration hits I just make a note of it. So I’ve got an every growing list of blog topics, and when I come to think about writing a new blog, I just scroll the list and get excited all over again!
- How do you attract new readers?
This is something that I am still learning as a new blogger, however Twitter and Instagram have been great so far, enabling me to share blog posts and gain followers from a wider audience. I also try to regularly update my website to make it as up to date and user friendly as possible.
- What has influenced you the most as a writer?
My biggest influences are the things around me, that inspire me to write. I’m also pretty competitive, so when I see other’s doing well I really want to achieve the same as they are!
- What is your favorite genre to read?
I love a good chick-lit, particularly when I’m on holiday. However I also love thrillers too!
- What are you reading right now?
Right now I am reading the new Suzanne Collins book, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes.
- What is something about yourself most people don’t know?
I have two pet Kune Kune pigs and have done since 2006!
- What kind of music do you like to listen to?
I listen generally to Indie, Acoustic and old school Britpop – Blur and Oasis for example! Bands like that are timeless.
- If you could live in any book what would it be?
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so I can visit the factory and the chocolate room!
- Who are your top three favorite authors?
Sophie Kinsella (writes a great chick-lit), Ian McEwan and Adam Kay (I’ve never laughed and cried so much as reading This is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor).
- Do you have any blogs or books you can recommend?
As mentioned above, I would highly recommend Adam Kay’s books about life as a Junior Doctor. They are written as a series of diary entries and just make you feel every emotion possible! I’m still discovering which blogs I like, but have always been a fan of Rosie Bea, who both vlogs on Youtube and blogs about her beautiful clothes designs.
- If you could have super powers what would they be?
To restore the climate and eradicate disease.
- What does a typical day of writing look like for you?
At the moment during lock down, I get up early, have breakfast, set the children their work for the day, check my little list of blogging subjects and just start typing and see where it takes me! I also try to network with other bloggers as much as I can via social media and upload a snap or two to my Instagram page.
- What is your favorite movie that was based off a book?
Got to be Lord of the Rings. It’s just epic.
- What projects are you working on right now?
I am currently redesigning my website and researching into how to use WordPress most effectively, it’s all very new and I’m still learning!
- Any other information you would like to include to our readers?
I’d love to gain some more followers on my blog and social media accounts! As I blog more and more I will be covering cosy content that you can snuggle up with a cup of tea to read. Please subscribe if this sounds like something you would enjoy reading!
Thank you Eliza for a great interview!